It appears to be a 4 person dish, but you can have it for 2 if you like. I won’t judge
- 2 dl ketchup
- 4 table spoons of brown sugar
- 2 tea spoons of chilli powder (add to your liking) or freshly chopped chillies!
- 2 table spoons of ketjap manis (you can replace it with dark soy sauce, just add a bit more sugar than)
- 2 table spoons of oil (use olive oil, it’s healthier)
- pepper and salt to taste
- 12 drum sticks (or wings, legs, what you prefer)
Mix the all the ingredients except for the chicken in a bowl and add the salt/pepper at the last moment. You want a strong flavor to suit the chicken.
Put the chicken in a low oven dish and pour the sauce over the chicken.
Tip: If you have thick pieces of chicken you can add some cuts to the surface of the chicken, this way the sauce can be absorbed better by the chicken.
Cover the dish with some foil and leave it in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours. The longer you let it in the refrigerator, the better it will taste.
Go for a run, the chicken will taste better afterwards.
Pre-heat the oven on 175° C
Take the foil of the dish and put the chicken into the oven for about 45 minutes.
Turn the chicken from time to time and take some sauce from the bottom of the dish and pour it over the chicken again.
Tip: Depending on how you like your chicken (saucy vs crispy, you can put it lower or higher in the oven).
I can recommend to add a salad and some rice add the side