Installing apps directly from your SD card will prevent storage from being used in the “Other” category.
Instructions for installing apps from the SD card:
- Go to the Windows Phone app store
- Locate the app you would like to buy and scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click on “Download and install manually
- Save this .XAP file to a location which you prefer
- Copy the .XAP file to your phone’s SD Card
- Open the “Store” app
- Click on “SD Card” and press on the title of the app which you would like to install.